Garmin zumo 590LM GPS Motorcycle Navigator
The new premium-class Garmin motorcycle GPS sat nav. zumo 590LM is the first motorcycle sat nav with a transreflective 5-inch touchscreen display, which is very easy to read even in sunlight and can be used in vertical or horizontal format. Bluetooth technology means that, in combination with a Bluetooth-enabled helmet or headset, you can phone or listen to music whenever you like and, of course, navigate intuitively with the aid to the innovative Garmin Real Direction navigation directions. Skip, Curvy Roads and the new Round Trip function make biking even more fun. Other features, such as photoReal 3D Junction View and the Active Lane Guidance help you to keep on top of the situation at all times. Smartphone Link** makes this the first motorcycle navigator to offer online services like live traffic or weather information.
- Preloaded road maps of 45 European countries with 6 million POIs (points of interest), such as filling stations, places to stay, restaurants and sights (see below for details of map coverage)
- nüMaps Lifetime with lifelong free map update*
- Supports topographic maps – for better orientation in off-road mode and for planning on your PC (topographic maps are not suitable for street navigation)
- Curvy Roads: Route suggestions for especially twisty roads
- Round Trip: Automatic motorcycle route planning using a preset time, distance or destination
- Skip function: Gives you the flexibility to miss out planned waypoints while you are travelling
- photoReal 3D Junction View and Active Lane Guidance: Display of photorealistic junction views plus voice instructions and moving images on the split screen help you to get into the right lane at complicated junctions
- Real Directions: Route guidance with realistic turn-by-turn directions, such as “At the next traffic light, turn right” or “At the glass building, turn left”.
- Alternative route preview for individually optimised route selection
- TracBack function enables you to navigate back to your starting point along the same route
- “Where am I?” function: A useful feature in the event of an accident or dangerous situation. It shows your position and the nearest hospital, police station, filling stations etc.
- Advanced route planning on the GPS sat nav itself is very convenient if you have a large number of intermediate destinations, and also for determining the optimal route
- Route planning on your home PC using Garmin BaseCamp (free download)
- 3D terrain display
- Waterproof, vibration-protected and fuel-resistant housing (IPX7 standard)
- large, transreflective 5-inch (12.7 cm) touchscreen display with adjustable vertical and horizontal format utility for best possible readability
- Glove-friendly design with extra-large touchscreen buttons
- Sturdy motorcycle bracket with RAM universal sat nav mount – fits all 22 mm and 25,4mm (inch) tubular handlebars
- Free microSD card slot for optional topo maps or as data memory, e.g. for additional routes or your own POIs
- Car mount with in-car charging cable and, as an optional extra, traffic radio receiver for uncomplicated use as a car sat nav
- Bluetooth interface – for sending navigation instructions to a Bluetooth-enabled helmet or suitable headset
- Wireless Bluetooth connection to compatible mobile phones (requirement: Bluetooth support) – enables you to make and receive calls on the go via the zumo 590LM display
- Smartphone Link** – live weather and traffic information: Display of Garmin Live Traffic information and other live services such as weather information on the display of the zumo 590.
- Listen to music and control your music database from your iPod, iPhone or MP3 player via the display while on the move
- Integrated MP3 player
- ANT+ interface for remote control of the Garmin VIRB/VIRB Elite action cameras
- Speed limit indicator shows the permitted speed in towns and on main roads and motorways
- Fuel level indicator warns when your fuel is low and shows the nearest filling stations
- Trip computer with compass display and lots of other important data, such as average speed, stop times, maximum speed, altitude and fuel level indicator
- Service History Log for recording bike maintenance and reminding you when the next service, oil/brake fluid change, tyre pressure check etc. are due
- Travel Kit: contains more useful features, such as image viewer, world travel clock, calculator, currency and unit converter
- Compatible with the Garmin tyre pressure control system (sold separately)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 14.9 x 9.7 x 3.3 cm
- Screen: transreflective WVGA colour display (resolution: 800 x 480) with 5.0 inch (12.7 cm) diagonal
- Power supply: replaceable lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Run time: up to 4 hours
- Weight: 374.5 g
- Compatible with Windows Vista SP3 or later version and MAC OS X 10.7 or later version.
Components supplied: Garmin zumo 590 LM, preloaded maps for 45 European countries (City Navigator), incl. nüMaps Lifetime with lifelong free map update*, motorcycle mount with installation kit and 12V battery cable, USB cable, car mount incl. in-vehicle charging cable, quick-start guide
Full coverage of 41 countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores), Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City
Partial coverage of main traffic routes in the following 4 countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldavia
Voice instructions in the following languages:
Danish, Dutch, English (UK), Flemish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Luxembourgian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish
- You should always keep the software (firmware) of your motorcycle navigator up to date. That way, you benefit from upgrades and get the most out of your unit.
- If your Garmin GPS sat nav no longer has sufficient memory to load a map update, you must either (a) reduce the amount of map data for the updates or (b) purchase a microSD or SD memory card (depending on the Garmin model) in order to store some or all of the map data for the update. The microSD or SD memory card can be inserted in the microSD/SD slot on your Garmin GPS sat nav.
*Please observe the full terms and conditions, which can be found at: www.garmin.com/details
**The required free Garmin Smartphone Link app is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones. Charges may be payable, depending on your mobile data tariff. Selected services require a subscription.